>

Currently Coveting {Urban Outfitters}

Any of my fashion-minded friends will tell you that I have relatively simple style. I'm trying to push myself into sparklier territory but for summer-into-fall transitional dressing I'm still very much craving the basics.
I absolutely love rompers, an equally effortless alternative to the dress. This option will be chic with suede sandals now and glamorous with black tights and ballet flats later.
How many times must I profess my love for open backs? This LBD is office appropriate with a blazer on top and ready to party with a cocktail ring and a pair of high black pumps.


Outfits don't come more versatile than a simple black maxi-dress. This one is casual and comfortable but au courant — ideal for a summer picnic and a day of classes.
Pink ruffles feel fun and flirty with white jeans for summer and more glam tucked into a black skirt for a night on the town.
An unfussy shape wards off goosebumps induced by excessive air conditioning or chilly fall mornings.
Loving this playful silhouette with a white tee in August and a navy blazer in October.

What are your fall fashion must-haves?

P.S. Read about my dream home on Laura's lovely blog!

16 comments:

Kate said...

Love urban this season! They can be so hit or miss, but I think they're stepping up the sophistication this season -- always a good thing!

Kelly said...

Mackenzie I just bought a lovely open back dress yesterday! Clearly, you will approve (and got the nude heels to make it even more up your alley!)

SEE YOU SOON

the red bungalow said...

I'm in LOVE with the first and last looks. That simple black shift/blouse could be worn with almost anything and look amazing, and I love the scallops on that last skirt.

Great picks :)

Bre

audrey marie said...

i've got the scalloped skirt in white! super for the summer but can't wait to try it in the fall topped with a blazer!

Anonymous said...

Loving the scallop skirt.

Kathleen said...

Great list! I haven't been to UO in a few months, but I love that LBD and the sweater - it's so unfussy and sophisticated.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I think rompers are adorable. I almost bought one at Urban last week. Then I though to myself, Naomi you are approaching the big 3-0 and you are not Sarah Jessica Parker. So I put it back. Still kinda sad about it.

The Everything List said...

i too am craving the basics. i can't wait for fall clothes. too bad all of my funds are going towards the wedding or i would def snatch up that open back dress.

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Oh I am LOVING that red skirt!!

For fall I am all about boots, boots and more boots!!

http://www.glamlatte.com

Andrea said...

Wow , this is all from Uraban Outfitters? Very impressive, and what a good eye you have!

Islandia Lane said...

I want some skinny brown pants with brown/tan boots and nude tops with lots of ruffles!
Love your selections here.

Kristen said...

I love the way you write about clothing. You have a real knack for picking out versatile clothing and explaining their abilities. You make me want to purchase everythnig on this page. especially that adorable scallop shirt!

Sarah Klassen said...

These are wonderful! I adore the romper as well as the scalloped skirt. (I have some kind of unhealthy addition to scallops) Lovely ideas...

For me, a new handbag, jacket and blouse are necessities :)

xo

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love love love that skirt!

k said...

that top romper and the red skirt are perfection

ashley // chasing heartbeats said...

LOVE the romper with tights! What a great way to rock the romper all year round (and better for moi who doesn't like to show too much leg)
xox ashley