>

OUTFIT {J.CREW LEATHER TEE}


C. Wonder cat eye sunglasses  //  Elizabeth & James booties (similar)

I wore this outfit on Saturday for a couple fashion week events as well as lunch and dinner with a group of blogger friends. This navy leather top is about as edgy / fashion-forward as I get without straying outside my comfort zone. The back is a heather gray knit so it feels like wearing a dressier version of a sweatshirt... Perfect for a day that started at 10 a.m. and ended past midnight!

P.S. I was looking for a new pair of skinny jeans and my dear friend Amy (who took these pictures and keeps denying my requests to feature her for friends with style — I'm working on it) steered me toward Rag & Bone's skinny jeans in the Kensington wash. So, so, so good. Stay tuned for a new series featuring our favorite spots in the city!

P.P.S. The navy nails were a gel manicure (#fashionweeksplurge) but Essie's new After School Boy Blazer is a dead ringer!

*Photos by Amy Stone

20 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love everything you are rocking here. I swear by Rag and Bone jeans too, have the same ones and they fit like a glove, well at least they did til I got pregnant. I love the leather top and booties. Great fall nail polish color too!

Staley Mc said...

Loving that nail color! Great look!

Vett Vandiver said...

that first photo is too adorable! such a framer :)

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

Well you're the cutest.

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love Rag and Bone too! great fit

citizen_oftheworld.com said...

Beautiful!!
I love that bag with those boots, super cute!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Dana said...

So cute! I am definitely on the lookout for a leather t-shirt this fall.

Unknown said...

IN LOVE with that top. I keep eyeing in stores and wondering if I should get it. I think I might. And those jeans too. I may just get your entire outfit!

Your Friend, Jess

Alex said...

Beautiful outfit, as always. Love that Tory Burch bag!!! I was unsure how the leather top would look on me, but it's very cute on you!
-Alex
http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

you are the cutest!! i am hoping there will be a post with that amazing bow jacket too!

Anonymous said...

Perfect NYFW look and LOVE your navy nails! I've been dying to try them but hadn't been able to find a true navy shade yet. Will hunt for that Essie one now!

smith said...

I am obviously biased, but I love everything about this.

Anonymous said...

You pull it off SO well! :D

Unknown said...

Swooning over that gorgeous Tory bag!!!
www.LifewithLipstickOn.com

Breakfast at Cindis said...

You look so pretty !
Lovely booties.

xo,
Cindi
Breakfast at Cindi’s

Hannah said...

So cute!
Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Anonymous said...

From a fellow redhead, LOVE your blog!

xo,
Lizzie

Kellyinthecity said...

SO cute! Love the leather top, and thanks for the recommendation on the skinny jeans. Always looking for quality pairs!

xoxo

Kelly
kellyinthecity.com

Ryann said...

Your hair is always so cute! My friend wears hers the same way and I'm desperate to get mine to curl the same way. Please don't tell me it's natural, please tell me what you do. Do you use a curling iron or hot rollers, and what products? Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

I would recommend this very very pretty dress for others too. This will be unique among many dresses I have purchased recently. Superfast shipping and so many choices of dresses.
kate spade shoes