>

amazing architecture

today i'm admiring the striking architectural detail in the following homes. it seems i'm daydreaming of geometry, symmetry, floor-to-ceiling windows, intricate mouldings, arched doorways...
this space is, to me, a rare example of dark trim done right. i'm typically a fan of white mouldings but here the rich color accentuates the bold detail surrounding the doorway, mimicked by the silhouette of the chair and the outline of the rug.
a curved desk tucked into a bay window — what could be better than that? truthfully i could do without the rest of the dreary furnishings...
who hasn't imagined living the loft life? the high ceilings are spectacular and the archways on either side of the loft create delightful symmetry between the windows/doors on the left and the open space on the right.

this sunroom, however, is today's pièce de résistance. french doors, glass walls, open windows... architecture truly is an art form.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful. I love a house that is all windows! Especially when it has a gorgeous room. I could live in that sunroom. xo

Sweet Southern Prep said...

The first one looks a bit like my parent's house. And that one of the room over the water is amazing. I just love natural light. The more, the better! It also does wonders to your mood too. :)

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

The sunroom is beyond stunning! Love it - when can I move in? And I love how every home you chose has such beautiful light in it. Great share!

Andrea said...

Bery beautiful photos. The loft is my favorite. I love soaring ceilings and oversized wndows!

Leah said...

Great pics! I love the house with the great big windows overlooking the water! So amazing!

hip hip gin gin said...

I wish my desk sat in that huge, gorgeous bay window!!! So lovely! Although I would probably get nothing done, I would end up staring out at the world all day long =)

_ffyona said...

I really liked the interior windows. The first one looks amazing. I would stay in all day.

Joanna Goddard said...

so breezy and beautiful!

jane said...

love the bay windows! i could daydream at the desk for weeks on end! and the loft is fabulous too. when can I move in? ;)
xx, jane

seesaw designs said...

no surprise that i love ALL of these. especially the grid above the fireplace.

huge windows make such a difference in interiors. lovely.

alli/hooray said...

Oh, that sunroom would be a dream come true. Amazing.

Unknown said...

Love the built-ins and that dark wood trim, I agree, it's hard to do. We have dark wooden blinds in our bedroom, which is very light, and the contrast happened to work, but you have to be careful! Nice post Mackenzie! XO!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

These are such great elements. Love the interior windows and the curved desk at the bay window. They're all really wonderful though :)

xoxo

carissa said...

beautiful!!! i would love to live in a loft some day!!!

Anonymous said...

The room overlooking the water with all the glass is so amazing. It just doesn't get better than that.

Pauline Wiles said...

Lovely - these homeowners certainly weren't cutting corners in these rooms.
The sunroom really is breathtaking.

Splendid Willow said...

Mackenzie, I don't need many blogs I realize. I just need yours! You find the best. And I always learn something here. That sun room... The architecture. I have never seen anything like it. Talk about being on top of the world!

Happy weekend my friend.

Mon

annie said...

what more perfect? a beautiful large window
with sea view!

http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/

Yahnay said...

Amazing images I love every room. So light and airy.