>

Darling Details

Design is in the details. It's the little things in life. Whatever your preferred motto, it's clear there's something to be said for that special finishing touch — the fresh flowers, the leopard lining, the unexpected sparkle. I'm finding it's way too easy to get caught up in everyday stresses and way more beneficial to stop and appreciate the little things that make it all worthwhile. Today I'm going to make it a point to relish those little things: the first sip of my morning latté, a smile from a stranger, the glow of the Empire State Building as I make my way home from work. What are you going to appreciate today?

{all images here}

10 comments:

Nikki Rappaport said...

ohh that leopard tray! Taking your advice today and will keep an eye out for the little details. Have a great Tuesday Mackenzie!

Shannon Darrough said...

The fact that I get to work and write from home, and my new town. I have been a tad homesick, but in truth, I am one lucky girl ...

Bold and Beautiful said...

girl...! That was my favorite post all week. Such pretty little details. Made my morning!

xx

Unknown said...

I love all the pretty details and that leopard tray. Great post!

Unknown said...

I should approach each day this way. These image are stunning!

Julie Leah said...

There is nothing better than a little reminder every now and then about taking a minute to appreciate those little things. Such beautiful images to accompany this post, Miss Mackenzie!

xo

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Mackenzie, I really love how you insert little life lessons amongst the beautiful images on your blog! They are so simple to follow and sweet and frankly, we could all use a little more of them daily! Work sometimes makes it hard to appreciate little things in life. Thanks for the reminder!

Kelly said...

I love all these photos! And I totally agree with this perspective. The little things are definitely what matter. Lately I have been loving big hot cups of tea, cuddling with the dogs, baking with friends, watching trivia shows, and stacks of magazine to read.

L.A. in the bay said...

oh my gosh I want that leopard tray!

Anonymous said...

where in the world did you find those shorts. i wan them so badly!