>

BEST WEEKEND EVER.

On Friday, Rory and I took the train out to Connecticut and then drove up to New Hampshire with my parents to surprise my sister Reilly at her last Amherst softball game. It was a close game and her team had an 8-run rally in the last inning to win it 15-10. Reilly broke the school record for career hits and RBIs and finished the season batting .377! I'm so proud of her.
On Saturday, I procrastinated heading back into the city and hung out with my dad and my brother Camden all afternoon. We took a little road trip to Southport, Connecticut, to run around with the dogs and admire all the pretty houses. What a pretty town — it definitely has a Nantucket/Rowayton feel to it.
On Sunday (after a night on the town with Carly), I met up with my friend Amy and my cousin Emily for brunch at Friend of a Farmer. I laughed to the point that I had tears rolling down my face which is really how every meal should end. After brunch we headed to Eataly for gelato and a spin through Madison Square Park. I wore my favorite Rachel Pally maxi dress and my new scalloped oxford from Kiel James Patrick.
Next we headed back uptown and collected supplies for a picnic in Central Park. These blankets are coming soon to designdarling.com! (Photo from Amy's gorgeous Instagram.)
How cute are these two? We had the most picture perfect afternoon chit chatting, people watching, and snacking on bread and fruit. Can every weekend be this good?!


P.P.S. My friend Fred photographed me for his blog Unabashedly Prep. Please check it out and tell me I don't look as silly as I felt ;)

Keep up with Design Darling

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Your weekend sounds perfect :) And I love the outfit on Unbashedly Prep- you didn't look silly at all!

smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smith said...

Best weekend ever, agreed! I love you!

<3
amy

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

I think you forgot to mention guacamole, ambushing my apartment, and Laguna Beach. And weirdos in blue sweaters.

Anonymous said...

I love how you put a chambray shirt over a blue and white dress! Good idea!

CMJR said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! :)

Kellyinthecity said...

Absolutely love your Central Park pic on the blankets! My idea of the perfect spring day. ;)

xoxo

Kelly
www.kellyinthecity.com

Amy said...

The picnic photo is perfect! Like something from tumblr :)

Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

Unknown said...

Glad you had a fun weekend! I absolutely love family time + puppy time! : )

Kayla
www.lovelucygirl.com

Anonymous said...

looks like a great weekend. when will the blankets be available? i want one!

madeleine said...

Following your Instagram makes me want to pack up and head to NYC! I can't wait for the blankets!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Looks like soooo much fun!!! Afternoon picnics are the best.

Eleanor Harte said...

Aw, I go to school in Amherst too! I wish I had known you would be here - I would have loved to meet you :)