>

GET THE LOOK: SOFA STYLING


I think I finally have the furniture layout of my new apartment figured out so now it's time to decide where to hang everything. I can't decide whether to keep my mirror over the sofa like it is right now or whether to mix it up and hang a gallery wall there (lots of gallery wall inspiration here). When I found this tour of interior designer Ali Fuge's apartment, I was instantly smitten with her sofa styling and thought I'd put together a little guide to getting the look...

scarf  //  sofa  //  blue pillows  //  pink pillow  //  rug  //  peony  //  tray  //  Aerin book  //  Slim Aarons book

I used to sell framed vintage silk scarves in my boutique but it cost an arm and a leg to ship them. So instead I'd find yourself a silk scarf you like on Etsy or at a flea market, order a custom frame (I buy mine here), and admire your one-of-a-kind find. Thoughts on this look? What do you have above your sofa?



3 comments:

PinkSenshi said...

I love that silk scarf idea!

Hunter
Prep on a Budget

Lauren said...

I love these ideas and those pillows on that coach are beautiful!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Unknown said...

I am about to redo my living room! Love that monogram tray!

www.loveandclothing.com