>

101 in 1001: Update No. 1

A few of you indicated in my reader survey that you'd like to hear about the progress I'm making on my 101 in 1001 list. I'm happy to report that I've completed ten of my goals since January 1! If you figure I have to complete one task every ten days, I'm right on track!
1. Come up with 101 things.

2. Inspire someone else to write a 101 in 1001 list (Roxy from My Cup Of Te).

7. Redesign my blog as a reflection of my personal style (thank you, Hanna!).

8. Tie up loose ends: business cards, favicon, and Facebook and Twitter pages.

9. Launch an inspiring interview series called The Design Dialogues!

14. Take on an interior design client (hi, Christine!).

28. Upgrade to the iPhone.

64. Try one totally-out-of-my-comfort-zone exercise class.

89. See one (or six) of my sister's Amherst softball games.

91. Try five new-to-me foods: beans, brussel sprouts, edamame, grapefruit, sushi.

- - - 

There's another handful of tasks that I've started on and I feel great about the progress I'm making! Do any of you have a similar list? I would LOVE to see!

13 comments:

Cassie said...

I've been wanting to make a bucket list--maybe this weekend. Congrats on accomplishing some of your goals girl!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I absolutely love this idea and its so fun to see what you've accomplished. Congrats btw, its been a pretty successful 3 months of 2011!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

This sure inspires me to come up with a list of my own!! Thanks for sharing and congrats on keeping on track!!

Annie said...

#91! Brussel sprouts are my new favorite! Here's a great way to prepare them: trim the ends and outer leaves, slice them like you would an onion for onion rings, sautee in a little bit of butter, salt and pepper on medium high heat for 5-7 minutes and drizzle with a little black truffle oil. AMAZING.

alicia said...

Love these items, thanks for sharing. Did you like grapefruit? It's one of my favorites.

Julip Made said...

I'd say you've been pretty productive so far! One of my goals for this year was to finally start a blog, which I did. Now I'm liking the idea of 101 in 1001, but I may start with 25 before 25.

Happy Friday Mackenzie!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Wow, that is quite the list! I'm such a bum, I don't have one...but I'm pretty sure I should work on one...so I guess you've inspired someone else to get on the stick! (c: Happy Weekend!

Anonymous said...

This is something I really want to do. Great Idea! Thanks for the inspiration :)Check out my new blog! www.sprinklesoneverything.wordpress.com

PDC said...

Love this. Was it Robert Frost who said, "if it scares you, do it?". Bisous.

Gabriella said...

Actually, Roxy isn't the only one you inspired to write a list! But mine is a 21 things to do before I turn 21- list. I post about it from time to time, and to be honest, I still haven't come up with 21 things yet... :)
But I'm getting there!
xo, Gabriella

meghan said...

and what did you think of your new foods? i love all of the things on your list except grapefruit...too sour.

KC said...

Nice work, girl!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

I love goal setting and that you wrote it all down! So important.

Congrats on crossing off ten goals already!

xo,
cristin