>

The One-Month Mark.

Today is the one-month mark to my college graduation and I'm experiencing a million different emotions at the thought. I'm in disbelief at how quickly these past four years have flown by and it makes my heart heavy to think that next month will mark what is, in many ways, the end of an era. This is the first time in my life that I find myself without a working plan for what comes next and it's exciting and nerve-wracking and scary all at once.
It honestly feels like yesterday that I was standing in the circle in front of my freshman year dorm waving good-bye to my parents, tears streaming down my face at the thought of being away from home for the first time. Since then, Bucknell has become my home away from home, a place where I feel happy and safe and loved. This weekend I'll be reflecting on my favorite college memories and reminding myself to make the most of what's left.
No matter how you plan to spend your weekend, I hope you'll join me in taking a moment to stop and smell the roses. It's important to keep your eye on the prize and to set goals for yourself, but I find that sometimes we could all use the reminder to just sit back and enjoy the ride. 

{photos one and two}

14 comments:

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

yay for graduating!! life does tend to slip by pretty quickly. i don't have any roses by my house, but i will definitely stop and listen to the waves today :)

have a great weekend!

Maggie Rose said...

It struck me this week that it has now been four years since I graduated college! Time post-graduation flies too. Only now have I semi-figured out my true direction and am following my passion instead of practicality. If I could pass on any recent-grad wisdom, it's to follow your heart the first time around... the right opportunity is coming. Enjoy the freedom of possibility! Ok, now I'm sounding all podium-esque. Have a fabulous last month at school! Great things are ahead.

xo Maggie

Unknown said...

Ahh college. I remember those days :) Take it all and remember all the great memories and life lessons you have learned. I am so excited for you!
http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Ah, Bucknell is a lovely spot. I visited there when college hunting and it had a similar feel to where I went (W&L). I cannot believe it has been almost 14 years since I graduated. Yikes. Seems like yesterday. Enjoy your last month....exciting times ahead but still nothing like those college days!

Glamour Drops said...

Very wise words! Sometimes we are so busy rattling along on our journey to the destination that we forget the journey IS the destination.

Have a wonderful Easter.

Cassie said...

I'm graduating exactly a month from today too--thanks for the post today, it's a good feeling knowing I am not alone with my fear(s). Have a great weekend, smell the roses!

A Casa da VĂ¡ said...

Mackenzie this is beautiful... Wish you all the luck with your next steps, you are wise and talent!

Thank you for the lovely reminder, I will enjoy the ride like you said! Happy Easter my dear...

Hugs & kisses from Rio!
http://acasadava.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Enjoy the last month! I'm down to 16 days and it's just flying by - live it up!

http://melissacahoon.blogspot.com

Lily said...

Congratulations !! It really does fly by so fast! This is my fourth year as well but I will be graduating next year...one extra year !

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Treading loudly said...

we really enjoy your blog! we are following you! please visit our blog and ifyou like it follow us!

http://treadingloudly.blogspot.com/

PDC said...

Congratulations - this is the beginning of so many wonderful things. I wanted to share a bit of Dr Seuss's (he is an alum from my alma mater ;) graduation worthy poem, "Oh the Places You'll Go"

"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.

It's opener there
in the wide open air.

Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you.

And when things start to happen,
don't worry. Don't stew.
Just go right along.
You'll start happening too."

Best of luck. Bisous xo

Anonymous said...

thats so exciting! I feel like college FLYS by!
enjoy your last month!
xoxo em

McKenzie said...

Oh boy, I went through all of that just last month. Such a strange and exciting time, but it sure does feel good to be done :) Congrats & enjoy your last month!

KC said...

Totally agree! Enjoy this last month, girl! It goes by soooooo quick!