>

Mirrored Walls

You're all familiar with the transformative powers of a good mirror. Their reflective surface makes rooms look bigger (see this post), adding effortless glamour to any space. So if one mirror is good, surely more is even better? 
Antiqued mirror tiles provide an enchanting backdrop for this quirky vignette. The splash of red against the worn finish of the mirrors and table is delightful, isn't it? I love that the designer hung paintings right over the mirrored wall. Brilliant!
Plain mirror tiles completely transform this more modern space, creating the illusion of another room behind the console table. Even if you're not strapped for space, a mirrored wall is a great way to carve out a little nook and define it as separate from the rest of your space. Think how many architectural eyesores could be given new life with this easy trick!
The best part about this idea is how inexpensively it can be worked into your home. These Ikea mirrors are just $6 for a set of four — and you could antique them yourself using this genius tutorial
- - -
This project is definitely going on my must-try DIY list! What do you think?

Images via Nuevo Estilo and thehousehome

15 comments:

Lia {sprightly} said...

Mirrors are my favorite way to accessorize a wall, as well as to hide something like a utility box. They make spaces feel so much brighter when they reflect sunlight. Love the second image!

P.S. I love this... said...

Thanks for this! I can't wait to try it.. the antiquing of a wall of mirrors.

Unknown said...

I couldn't be more a fan of huge amounts of mirror...love! I can't believe there's a way to actually do antiqued mirror yourself- brilliant. Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

we tiled the whole wall above our bathroom sink with those ikea mirrors! they're awesome and make our teensy tiny powder room look much bigger

Cassie said...

I really need to start looking into Ikea, they have such cheap furniture/accessories to spice things up! I will be looking into this, thanks!

ruthiegyll said...

That's genius! My sister-in-law got some at Target that were $20 for 4, and I thought those were a steal.

Unknown said...

So fun! Kinda want to try it out now haha Great post Mackenzie!

I'maNolaGirl said...

I love this idea! The first room is just amazing. The antiqued mirrors and the red chairs are just perfect.

Lacquered Life said...

Antiqued mirror is so chic, and especially on a wall if you live in a small NYC apartment :) I say use mirror whenever possible! The illusion of space is priceless!

Anonymous said...

I have an obscene amount of mirrors hung around my apartment for this exact reason! I love what they can do to a space.

-Emmy

www.sprinklesoneverything.wordpress.com

Audacious Allure said...

I really love mirrored walls, especially in small spaces. It really gives the illusion that room is much more open and large.

The Iconic Blog said...

I am so tempted to do this in my apartment and hang my brass mirror on top.xx

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

Ryland Witt said...

Mirrors can add so much to your space and it is a lot of bang for your buck! Great post!

Piekfein. said...

yes, yes, yes!!! i love those little square mirrors combined to a big one and the idea to arrange flowers in front of it is even better. looks so interesting!!!

http://piekfein.wordpress.com/

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

You know I love a mirrored moment.