>

party planning {garden party}

how could i forget? apart from our regularly scheduled programming, the charming catherine from the shiny pebble is hosting a little link party to celebrate her wildly popular designer challenge. i for one can't wait to see what she makes of her dining room after all the design ideas from some of our favorite style-savvy bloggers. catherine's planned a smokin' texas get-together... so i thought i'd plan a little garden party for the day of!
i'll get ready in my delightfully chic dressing room, overwhelmed by all the fabulous options from which to choose.
ultimately i'll decide on a fabulous haute hippie number for a little afternoon sparkle.
my guests — that means you! — will arrive through my beautiful front gate, admiring our manicured lawn and topiary collection.

we'll have plenty of time for strolls in the garden, enjoying the afternoon light and the smell of abundant summer flowers.
i'll take guests on a little spin of the grounds since no design get-together would be complete without a home tour from the hostess.
we'll savor a light afternoon meal with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables while swapping blogging and design stories and finally getting to know one another face to face.
i'll serve a couple rounds of watermelon basil margaritas and thank em for sharing the recipe.
the table will be lined with gorgeous flowers in rich purples and lustrous pinks and everyone will compliment my fine taste before marveling at the wonderful company that our shared love of blogging has brought together.

darlings, do join me, will you? it will be a party for the ages.

43 comments:

Unknown said...

how cute - i'm there!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Sweetie I'M THERE! Yikes this looks good!

Karena said...

Mackenzie, stunning & so fun, adore your little dress number!!

Come & see what I have put together for Catherine's soiree!

Karena
Art by Karena

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great time! Love your choice of dress!!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love that dress! Sounds like it would be a fab event.

Unknown said...

Definitely there! You will be easy to spot in the sparkle dress, Mackenzie! XO!

the red bungalow said...

This is all so adorable I just LOVE it! That closet, dress, flowers, tablescape...swoon swoon swoon. :)

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Oh yes I want to go!

The Shiny Pebble said...

Of course I will be there. Your home is lovely and your gardens even more so. Love the beverages and that dress is sooo you. Thanks for linking up. :D

dulci said...

can I come??

:)

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

I'd love to be a guest at this garden party. Save me one of those margaritas please!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

ooh love the idea and LOOOOVE your party!!

Anonymous said...

I'm on my way!!! xo

BreanneS said...

Perfect choice for a dress :)
I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog, check it out.
www.leflattery.blogspot.com
xo
flattery

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

Oh my goodness, definitely there!! Love the dress... and dying for one of those margaritas!!

:) Hazel

Lilacandgrey said...

i'm in! And I love the dress you will be wearing ;p

xxcara

Ashleigh said...

Consider this my RSVP!
I want a dressing room like that, wowza! And thanks for reminding me about the Watermelon Basil margarita - it's been on my list since Em's original post...sounds delish!

Anna Caroline {Design Studio 210} said...

What a cute blog you have :) Good luck on that internship!

/Anna Caroline
{Design Studio 210}

Carver said...

love this. the closet looks fab - however, have you ever been this neat in your entire life?! :) if so, times have changed since high school

Danielle @ Story of Style said...

Wow, I'd be there!

audrey marie said...

ooo want want want. love that dressing room!

Raina Cox said...

Drop that hemline to the floor and you can hang with the caftan crowd. ;)

A Casa da Vá said...

i loed the expression 'afternoon sparkle' - lol i agree that is a great choice! that will be the party for the ages for sure =)

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh so fun...can i come?

Marija said...

Definitely a party not to be missed. Not sure if it's your perfect pool or your pretty patio that I love more. Off to find the right outfit!

Vix said...

Oh, what a fabulous post! I'd love to come and play, too!
Vix
xxx

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous blog you have!

chantelle said...

wow, that dress is so fab! beautiful post, all the images are so lovely <3

Megan said...

watermelon basil margarita...YUM great ideas!

Leia said...

Can I come to this party please???

Valerie said...

The watermelon margarita sounds incredible!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

xo
Valerie

LindsB said...

I wish I had an outdoor space like any one of these, it would be so nice to come home to everyday!

Maddy said...

Lol! When do I get my invite?? ;o) This is surely an affair I wouldn't want to miss!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

can i come to your party? I'd like to be your twin and rock that dress too! So cut.

Sarah Klassen said...

Oh, sounds perfectly heavenly to me! I think I might have to come :)

xo

Anonymous said...

Watermelon basil margarita? I've got to try this, this sounds fantastic.

Anonymous said...

And I want that house! That swimming pool looks very similar to the one we had at a hotel in Egypt (a while ago!), it was our private pool! Thanks for saying hi over on my blog, am following!

Charlotta Ward said...

Count me in, am boarding a plane from Sydney now.. Actually chartered a jet just to make it to your fabulous party!! :)

Love what you have cooked up and your dress is amazing.

See you in a few hours..

xx Charlotta

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Woo seems like a lot of fu, i am following you i love your blog:)

franki durbin said...

That's a party I MUST attend! I'll bring the witty banter if you provide the fete!

Splendid Willow said...

I will be one of the leftovers! Still enjoying the party when all your beautiful guests (and did I see George Clooney?) have long left! You can't get rid of me!

ox, MOn

Megan {Honey We're Home} said...

and I'll be bringing my boyfriend Brad Pitt! Seriously, those pics are amazing.

online florist said...

Been reading this site for awhile now, always has really good posts and topics please keep it up! loads of blogs are going under lately from lack of new posts etc
online florist