>

SUGAR PAPER'S STUDIO


Can I let you all in on a little secret? My apartment is a mess right now. There are products from the boutique in the kitchen cabinets, outgoing shipments lined up at the front door, and a bag of packing peanuts currently sitting in my shower. Running a small business in a tiny NYC studio apartment is so not glamorous! I keep saying it'll make for a good first chapter in my book someday ;)

So here it goes: one of my biggest goals for the next year is to secure office space to share with friends who are also running their own businesses. I love working for myself but it's hard working by myself all the time. I have big dreams for my business and it's important to surround myself with the right people and enough space to make them come true! The very thought makes me giddy.

...which brings me to the above studio tour. The Everygirl photographed and interviewed the women behind Sugar Paper in their Los Angeles headquarters and the feature left me totally inspired. I'm so impressed with their space and what they've accomplished with their line and their team. I carry several Sugar Paper items in my boutique (shop them right here!) and loved reading about how they've gotten to where they are now. From my messy apartment, onward and upward!


14 comments:

PinkSenshi said...

I love the pictures so much! I think it is so cool that you started your own business! You are such an inspiration :)

Hunter
www.preponabudget.com

Unknown said...

You can do it!! Good Luck with your goals :) xoxo

Unknown said...

I'm about to move into a studio, and it's definitely going to be a challenge! The ladies of Sugar Paper are certainly lucky to have such a beautiful work space.

xo,
Rachel
Suppose Anything Goes

Vett Vandiver said...

I sometimes work at a studio like this in ATL, it's no where near as cute though!

Jackie said...

I love Sugar Paper's aesthetic, and their office space fits in perfectly with that. The gallery wall and striped wall are so pretty and charming. I would be thrilled to work in a studio that gorgeous!

Dana said...

Good luck - this is an awesome idea! You can definitely do it :)

xx Dana
Pink Champagne Problems
mudana1.wordpress.com

Alex said...

Great idea to score office space with friends. It's definitely better than hiding yourself away in an apartment by yourself, plus you can bounce idea's off of each other.
-Alex
http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

lauren @ la petite fashionista said...

I've thought about this concept a lot & adore it. I know Bri at design love fest has done the same in her past- a shared workspace with space forseveral like minded creative business owners! best of luck!

Sarah @ Simply Sarah Style said...

You're such an inspiration! I love your products and admire your drive for Design Darling.

the brunette said...

I worked for SP during a gap year between undergrad & graduate school and so it is super fun & exciting to see how they have grown over the past few years!Not to mention see how their fan base has grown :) My time working in the Brentwood shop was basically my equivalent of finishing school. I walked away knowing how to tie bows, write the perfect hand written note, and how to really make sure that "love is in the details!"

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Ahh I wish you lived in Chicago so you could work with me and Liz! Honestly, getting our office was the best thing I ever did for the growth of my business!

Lauren said...

I love all of these photos! How exciting that you are looking into expending!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I love the idea of a shared workspace. I think it's the next big thing. A chic space of Co-Op office spaces opened in Houston and I love the idea!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I love the idea of shared office space! Such a great idea.

KK @ www.preppypinkcrocodile.com