>

time to travel

this is it, my loves! spring break has arrived and i am ready for an action-packed two weeks. here's the plan: two days in venice, a day in bologna, three days in florence, two days in rome, two days in athens, and six days lounging on the beach in ios. we have been planning this trip forever and i can hardly believe the time has finally come.
there will be lots of planes and trains and buses (the worst) but i'm going to enjoy every single second. michael and i are doing venice and bologna on our own, meeting up with his london friends for florence and rome, and then traveling with my tours friends for athens and ios. it will be such a great mix of down time and nights out! one week eating the world's best pizza, pasta, and gelato and another frolicking in the greek isles... what could possibly be better?
now before you tear up, i want you to know that i've planned ahead with two weeks of blog posts for you! that's right... you didn't really think i'd leave you hanging, did you?
which of these places have you visited? i'd love to hear your recommendations for "can't miss" restaurants and sights. scouring lonely planet is one thing, but personal travel tips are the best!
thank you for another wonderful week of blogging and have a happy weekend!

p.s. i always make travel look this good. don't you?

{photography by the one and only corrie bond}

16 comments:

Courtney Michelle said...

Ahhh I am soooo jealous! I have never been to Europe! I have always wanted to go to Italy and Greece! Super jealous!!! Have a fabulous trip and take lots of great pictures!!

Lindsay said...

SO completely jealous! Takes lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you! Have the BEST time! xx

Anonymous said...

Mackenzie, sounds like heaven!! I hope you take a lot of pictures & share them with us. I want to live vicariously through you!! I would love to see Venice :) Have a safe trip! Happy Easter! ~Debby

Jamie said...

OMG have SO MUCH FUN!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Be safe ;)

http://glamlatte.blogspot.com

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Love Venice, Rome, Athens, all of it! Have so much sun in the fun...soak it up for me, will you?! XO Katie

Mary Ann said...

your posts just exude that positiveness in you, full of joy and always recharged and always ready for adventures. that is the kind of energy we all need around...thanks for blogging -i meet a lot of wonderful talented ladies...just a side comment i made....but you enjoy and thanks for planning ahead for delightful blogging...now let me throw out this tissue...have fun! maryann

Unknown said...

Wishing you a wonderful time! Don't miss the Peggy Guggenheim museum at her home in Venice. And then I wish I knew how to tell you to find it, but there is the most amazing sandwich shop in Florence where they sell sandwiches for a few hours and then close--but all the food is delicious there! Have fun!!!

xo Mary Jo
p.s. love the sequin vest

Tiffany Kadani said...

Seriously? This post has me totally wanting to travel so I can have at least the oppurtunity to look like her. Great great post and have a wonderful vacation!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Rome is my favourite followed by Venice! So beautiful ... the history, the architecture, the fashion...have a wonderful trip!

Amy Elise said...

I studied abroad for a semester in Italy two years ago. Must go's for food in Florence: News Café for coffee and pastry (the girls who work there are great), Mario's for lunch (get the ribollita), Pugi for a snack or lunch (amazing bakery), Trattoria ZaZa for dinner, Grom for gelato (although you really can't go wrong with gelato), and Art Bar for drinks. I'm so jealous that you're about to experience it all! Soak it up! Ciao!

Sarah Klassen said...

That sounds wonderful! I just know you will have a fantastic time -- I can't wait to hear about it...and hopefully, see pictures? Keep us posted :)

Have a lovely weekend*

xo,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love that you found me also! Congrats on some great stops- you won't be disappointed. I would strongly recommend going out to aperitivos. At the bars at night they have free appetizers with a drink and it is so much fun. Its incredibly Italian, and you won't be disappointed. I strongly reccomend Colle Bereto in Piazza Strozzi next to Louis Vuitton.

Anonymous said...

I love that you found me also! Congrats on some great stops- you won't be disappointed. I would strongly recommend going out to aperitivos. At the bars at night they have free appetizers with a drink and it is so much fun. Its incredibly Italian, and you won't be disappointed. I strongly reccomend Colle Bereto in Piazza Strozzi next to Louis Vuitton.

Bailey said...

I mean...I really could hate you I am so jealous of your adventure. But instead I am going to wish you safe travels...you beast...jk Have a BLAST!

Kirby Margaret said...

How exciting! Have so much fun. I've been to Rome, Florence and Venice. definetly make time to stop at morano island in venice. it is where they do all the glass blowing. Really cool!

xo
Kirby

Andrei said...

Very nice story for looking at as well as helpful. Therefore i'm undoubtedly cheerful anyone provided this particular under. link Let me develop a website on gents lovemaking difficulties.