>

Blank Canvases

happy friday, everyone! i'll be spending the weekend dreaming of warmer weather since temperatures in tours have taken a turn for the frigid...
now i know you're not supposed to wear white before memorial day but frankly i'm a little over that rule and i think that white is the perfect way to bring about some warmer weather around here. what do you think? let's top off the week with some summery whites!
i love a painted white floor. the key to this space is its layers — subtly different whites used for the floorboards, the rug, the sofa, the armchair, the table, the lamp, the walls...
natural wood tones will do too, however. i like how low all the furniture is in this room... it's very relaxed and unpretentious.
white walls and a cozy chaise create a spa-like oasis out of an unusually large bathroom. it even has a balcony!
i believe i spy one of my favorite flowers (tulips!) on the coffee table of this light and bright space.
i love, love, love this old school fireplace. isn't it pretty in white?
an all white dressing room with enviable size and natural light would allow the clothes to steal the spotlight.
white freshens up built-ins and a clawfoot tub. wouldn't you kill for that much storage?
the king of white pulls off another clean-cut space. more white floors!
one of the best features of white is that it creates a blank canvas for more colorful objects like this abundant bouquet. the shape of the table and chairs is fabulous.
the dark frame of the chairs highlights their unique shape and stands out against white walls and bookcases.
a very white apartment (see the rest here!) uses strategic color in the form of art and pillows to brighten the space. isn't she adorable?

have a lovely weekend, darlings!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those white rooms are so soft and dreamy. I could soak in that tub for hours! I agree, the heck with the rules, I march to my own drum... if I want to wear it you can bet I'm putting it on!! xo

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Great images! The best part about a clean, white room, is that any single bit of color you add, makes the one color pop! Hope the weather gets warmer for you soon!

chantelle said...

i love white's cleanliness and pureness! so calming and lovely :) i need to get myself a white fur rug. . . have a beautiful weekend ♥

Anna @ IHOD said...

So refreshing! All white rooms with pops of color are my fave:)
Have a lovely weekend!

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

mmm the white cut-out bench and daybed are adorable!

I like this look too, but I just know I would need to throw in more colorful accents!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Drooling! I want to move in to each and every room! It's never too early for white : ) Have a lovely weekend as well!

XX katie

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I'm totally over that rule too :) These spaces are amazing. So dreamy!

Hope u have a good weekend and that things warm up for u. Oh and I left u a little something on my blog today. xoxo

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

These spaces are gorgeous but I always think these people must not be a klutz like me. How would I ever keep myself from spilling something all over these sofas?

Averill said...

Hard to imagine cold weather right now as it's nearly 90 here in Houston today...I'll admit I'm a bit envious!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Andrea said...

I say wear white. Im over the rule too! The all white dressing room is stunning! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

That bathroom with a balcony is a dream!! I don't think I would ever spend any time in the rest of the house, you would find me in the tub all day long!

Kristen said...

Beautiful pics! I love all white as well. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Loving all these white interiors, each one is more gorgeous than the next!

Marija said...

Every now and again I feel like injecting more color into my life...and then a post like this. BEAUTIFUL! Happy weekend, Mackenzie!

Marija

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Love Jill Stewart and her white home, that I could never have with a Fisherman Captain, and 5 dogs. Love your blog, Trish told me I would, thanks for your sweet comment on my wordless wednesday post, and I am now following you for all this excitement. Come and visit me at the swing won't you.

Kirby Margaret said...

Yes, i love this! I'm thinking of decorating our new apartment with white washed furnature with pops of color.

Bailey said...

A bathroom with a balcony?? Le sigh.

Stephanie said...

Catching up on my reading here - and I love this post! Each image is gorgeous - and I think I love them all. They're lovely, and I am definitely a color girl. But there is something about white on white, isn't there? Great post!

Sarah Klassen said...

How can you resist white?! Impossible! I just bought some white jeans and can't help but wear them...I love white rooms, though, I do crave color quite a bit...

Daniella said...

Love this!! So many gorgeous white rooms... my fav!