>

frank roop

in interiors as in fashion, i admire a designer who isn't afraid of color — and lots of it. (i'll admire it's an approach i'm struggling to incorporate into my own style!) interior designer frank roop is a mastermind when it comes to originating bold color palettes and leaving his signature touch on each space he creates.
roop makes a stunning staircase even better: there's wainscoting on the walls, navy velvet on the bench, and a richly hued rug on the herringbone floors.
who else could make beige walls, white trim, forest green chairs, an acid green ottoman, a turquoise desk, and a fuchsia bench look this good? his work is truly one-of-a-kind.
a pretty little vignette from the room above.
he does love that acid green, doesn't he? the vignette on the sofa table is to die for: crystal lamps, decorative boxes, and petits objets d'art.
is that turquoise tile i spy in the kitchen? here roop employs a gorgeous chandelier to draw attention to the beamed ceilings, one of my favorite features!
another room, another gorgeous light fixture. i love the unique shelving to either side of the fireplace.
a lime green lampshade is roop's finishing touch for an otherwise more subtle space.
he does know how and when to take it down a notch, however. how beautiful is this living room? we've got colorblock curtains, various blue hues for fabrics (see the subtle variation of the throw pillows on the sofa), and lighting that illuminates the space in more ways than one.

what do you think of roop's aesthetic? who are a few of your favorite interior designers?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the intro to this very talented designer! Love all the different interiors featured here, will be sure to look for his work more often!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Wow, I love all of these rooms here. My favorite has to be the one with the turquoise back splash. I'm hoping for a large dining area and kitchen like that, in my next home. So open! Love it! A perfect place for kids to have tons of room to run around, and so easy for entertaining too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the beamed ceilings and that chandelier! xo

hip hip gin gin said...

I"m loving all of these rooms!! He is a man after my own heart with the acid green love. I wish that pale blue light fixture and acid green ottoman were in my house right now!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Great intro to a designer I really didn't know about! Some gorgeous elements, and they come together really well. I especially love the pop of lime green and the turquoise in the kitchen.

Andrea said...

I just love Frank Roop! That turquoise console table is tdf!!

Sarah Klassen said...

Oh my...that first picture...the bench, the walls, everything! Beautiful inspiration. He's a great designer...I, personally, have too many favorites to name :)

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

xo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Wow I love all of the rooms! Thanks for introducing him to us :)

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

he's one of my faves.
there was another room he did similar to the shot of shelves from elle decor- a whole wall of box shelves. So cool!

Lila said...

I love the lamps on that sofa table. He uses great colors and knows when not to go overboard. I can totally appreciate that!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

Mary Ann said...

the vintage furniture on your second photo just caught my eye, beautiful! i know you have been busy these days but still manage to inspire us with your posts. thanks for your sweet comments, am really blessed to be surrounded by blogger friends like you! have a great week! verbena cottage

Averill said...

Love Frank. And I so want that turquoise console table.

Some of my favorite designers for color: Amanda Nisbet, Jamie Drake, Palmer Weiss, Katie Ridder.

Camille said...

You've introduced me to a wonderful designer! Many thanks. Loving the large, bold carpet in the corridor below the staircase in the first picture. It's an unusual/unexpected placement but works perfectly :)

Marcie said...

These are amazing! I love all the white. It is definitely back in style.

:) Marcie

Apt. #34 said...

wow, that's much more brave than I could ever be!

Splendid Willow said...

Very talented indeed! And he can really pick wonderful light fixtures!

Much fondness, Mon

Leigha said...

The second to last image is absolute perfection. I adore those flowers on the table, too. Great collection!