>

Fall Back on Black

On days when wardrobe inspiration escapes me (as it does many mornings now that I'm waking up earlier and getting dressed while I'm still half asleep), I find that there's no better fix than basic black on black. Here are a few pieces that have wound up in my Shopbop hearts of late...
I love the plunging pussybow blouse but it's the leather collar on the blazer that has my heart skipping a beat. That kind of detail for just $115? I think I know where my next paycheck is going!
Tulip hem or maxi length? Take your pick!
I'm kind of obsessed with this envelope clutch and gorgeous platform heel. They'd make even a t-shirt and jeans insanely chic!


But of course I saved the best for last. You know I love a backless dress!
- - -
What's your go-to when getting dressed? I'd love to hear your tricks for dressing quickly and stylishly!

17 comments:

Clare C. Whitaker said...

I LOVE the long black skirt!! It looks beautiful! Quick and easy ways to look stylish is always the best xoxo http://twirlingclare.blogspot.com/

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I love everything you picked. Especially in the winter black on black is my go to easy fix too!

viv said...

Great picks! I'm wearing black as we speak and totally agree that on mornings where you're half asleep, black is the way to go.

fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Molly said...

wow - that blazer - i've been wanting a leather jacket but it's just SO out of my price range - might have to get this as a happy medium!
the dress is STUNNING! love me a backless dress, too :)

Unknown said...

That first blouse, the long skirt and the shoes have my heart fluttering- so gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

That clutch is beautiful. It would go wonderful with a hot pink shirt?

I always try to envision my mood or dress for what I'm doing that day. If I'm not doing anything, you probably could find me in work-out attire.. it's a bad habit :)

Unknown said...

The RZ blouse, BB Dakota blazer and this adorable Susana Monaco dress would all be welcomed into my wardrobe! Could not agree with you more!

Lily said...

Black is definitely a go to for me in the cooler months ! Love that blazer !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Britt @ Dreamy Spaces said...

Really like the use of black! Especially that blazer. Def need to get more of those in my closet asap!

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

A black blazer with whatever belt that fits the slacks and shirt underneath. It always polishes a look.

scsd said...

a girl after my own heart ... i have just recently (lots of changes when you turn 30) started branching out with color - but I will always have a small love affair with my little friend, Black. that maxi skirt is delish!

Anonymous said...

All great picks! Love that envelope clutch too, and the leather detail on that blazer!

Anonymous said...

I love this dress! I need it :)

Tommy said...

My tip is to develop a wardrobe of classic basics in fairly neutral colors that can be mixed easily. That way, it may not matter as much if you mistake your brown shoes for your black shoes in the morning. :)

Anonymous said...

that blazer is amazing!

Caitlin said...

I'll take it all, please :)

Daily Cup of Couture said...

love the back of that black dress! my go to when getting dressed quickly is usually a simple shift dress paired with a statement necklace and fun heels!

xx