>

BLOGSHOP NEW YORK


Last week I got to cross off my tenth task on my 101 in 1001 list. Wooohoooo! I finally downloaded Photoshop and took Blogshop as a crash course in learning the program. All I can say is whoa. I didn't know my 24-year-old brain was capable of absorbing that much information in just two days (you know how they say the optimal age to learn a new language is around 10?) and I can't wait to incorporate some of what I learned into Design Darling over the coming weeks and months. Understanding layers, adding type, writing on images, applying actions, learning healing and stamping... I feel like I have a totally new vocabulary. Oh and we even made gifs:

{Wearing this top and this necklace}

If you're on the fence about taking Blogshop, here's my advice: do it. I've definitely paid for disappointing classes and workshops before but this was not one of them. The workshop was the perfect mix of fun and structure: mimosas, numbered lessons, photo opps, practice time, etc. There were interns walking around to make sure everyone was up to speed and we were given flash drives with every lesson as a takeaway for more practice at home. And the lessons are pertinent well beyond blogging — I know I'll be able to improve product photos for my boutique and even touch up our family Christmas cards thanks to everything I learned. If you've been wanting to learn Photoshop, this is the way to do it.

*This is not a sponsored post. I just loved the experience and had to share!


16 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

I work in marketing and had actually been looking for a photoshop course recently, this sounds perfect! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hunter said...

I am so happy that Blogshop went well for you! It looks like a great class!

Hunter
Prep on a Budget

Jessica Joyce said...

Sometimes I feel like learning Photoshop or any other software would be easier on my own. Then I see blogs like yours or others' and I feel like I need help to be just as good. This Blogshop thing may seem like a help, though, if I get to a point of real jealousy.
Your Friend, Jess

preppylove said...

AW your gif is adorable! I'll look into their classes as well. I've had photoshop for a while and I've tried to take a class on it before, but I just don't get it still!!

courtney parker said...

Thank you for sharing, I will have to check it out!

www.loveandclothing.com

Sylvia Dennis said...

I am definitely going to do it :) I have been wanting for a while now I have photoshop and I have a very big and expensive camera but can't quite work out photoshop so I need to learn a bit more! I hope my brain is as strong as yours ... plus I am french so I think my brain would be rather slow after that :)

Love your shirt and necklace suits you really well!

xo

Sylvia

Miss Glam Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Glam Dan said...

Isn't Blogshop amazing?! It was one of my favorite experiences and I learned so much. That's so great that you enjoyed it too!

Have a fabulous day!

Danielle xx
missglamdan.com

Dana said...

You talked me into it! looks like I'll be signing up soon...


The Casual Classic

Elena said...

I am saving for a new computer but as soon as that happens I definitely want to take this class!

xoxo, Elena
the20-somethingproject.blogspot.com

Sasa Zoe said...

Cute top and necklace. The gif image is just too cute, hehe:)

New on www.shallwesasa.com

Dana said...

I definitely want to take a Blogshop course once I graduate from college and head home to NYC! I love learning new things, especially when it comes to being a better and more efficient blogger!

Pink Champagne Problems

Lauren said...

I will have to check out blogshop, it sounds like you learned so much from it!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

A Franny said...

I really wish people would STOP posting about Blogshop... I've been wanting to take a class for SO long but keep getting sold out in my city :) sssshhhh STOP telling people!!!

A Franny
www.sincerelyfranny.com

Sense and Sequins said...

I cannot wait till they have another one in Dallas, I really want to attend!

jen | concrete jungle dc said...

I took Blogshop 2 years ago and it was a fantastic experience. I had no photoshop skills and my learning curve was steep. It was worth the money because I use it everyday! Glad your experience was similar.