>

Steven Gambrel in Southampton

{Gambrel matches the door trim to the vaulted ceiling in elegant glossy black. The kelly green sofa and ottoman provide a welcome contrast to the moody palette. Don't you love the red trim on the lampshades and the Missoni fabric on the armchairs?}

I'm very intrigued by this Southampton home designed by New York interior designer Steven Gambrel. It's a far cry from the beachy palette of our summer home on Nantucket (blue, white, yellow) but that's exactly what piques my curiosity!

{I love the combination of gray and red-orange in this end of the room. The unexpected textual art is an interesting touch and one that I would love to recreate in one of my own projects.}
{The playful op-art floor tile picks up on the black subway tiles and white hood in this high-tech-meets-rustic kitchen. Notice the contrast between the modern open shelving and the worn farmhouse table — delightful!}
{Wood benches are an unlikely alternative to traditional dining chairs. They might not be very comfy but they definitely work from an aesthetic perspective! I love that the doors open up onto some sort of terrace. How great would it be to cook with the beachy breeze and fresh air so close?}

It's definitely not your average beach home but I love it just the same. How about you?

{P.S. I think I'm going to switch back to two posts a day. It would give me the time to write up a longer post like this one every now and then as opposed to short, one picture posts. What do you think?}




11 comments:

The Iconic Blog said...

I'm all for 2 good posts a day!

Now that is a beach house I could get excited about. The black ceiling is fab!x

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

Gabriella said...

Mackenzie, you're such a gem for incorporating our suggestions! I know, you want to please your readers, but it's also your blog and in the end you can do whatever you want to. So thank you!

On another note: I usually don't like dark and dreary spaces, but there's something about these rooms that catch my interest quite a bit!

xo, Gabriella

travelkate said...

Such a gorgeous interior! Those missoni chairs with that green upholstered ottoman are just fabulous!

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

I remember when this first ran in Elle Decor...was stunning then, still stunning now!

I say as far as your blog goes, do whatever feels right for you! We'll still read. :)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oooh I love the kitchens and the green pops!!

PDC said...

Hi Mackenzie. Congratulations on all you've achieved with your blog even before graduating. What a lovely - and adtraditional -Hamptons house. We rent one each summer and I love seeing the different styles of homes amidst the picturesque towns. If you're ever out there you must check out a home accessories store in Amagansett called "Decorum" - it's a visual feast! As far as the blog posts go, I think a mix of long and short posts is key - quality is first and foremost what draws me to a blog, but so do regular updates and witty picture features. Keep up the good work xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous home! The pops of bright colour are fab!! And 2 posts a day sounds good to me :)

Glamour Drops said...

The moodiness of the black ceiling is quite wonderful.

Rebecca said...

The green sofa and ottoman remind me of Scarlet Ohara! So striking!

Ryland Witt said...

Love the black ceiling...quality posts are key - as well as having some quality time for yourself!

Kelly said...

Love the touches of green and that the kitchen opens to a terrace!

And I think a mix of short and long posts is perfect : )

Love your blog!