>

Drum Shades

Lighting is a critical component in any room — yet lamp and pendant shades are often overlooked as an easy place to inject personality and style. My favorite shape lately is the drum shade, which I admire for its simplicity and subtle glamour.
{When I pinned this image, I captioned it "proportion perfection." The dramatic size of the drum shade echoes the round dining table and provides contrast to the diminutive sconces on the opposite wall. Bravo, Samantha Pynn!}
{The khaki color of this pendant drum shade picks up on the mocha of the upholstered benches and draws the eye up along the windowed wall. How I dream of having a similar breakfast nook one day!}
{The simple shape of a drum shade is equally effective on a table lamp. Jessica Stam uses them to break up the straight lines of her modern apartment.}
- - -
What do you think of this classic shape? How have you used lamp shades to zhush up your own home?

7 comments:

Chic Coles said...

Love drum shades! I tend to be drawn towards the darker ones more so than the lighter ones.

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Love the drum shades just got one for my store:)

Roxy Te said...

I NEEEEED those table lamps. Please and thank you!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I just installed a basic diy version in my breakfast room....wonder if you could spray the interior of the shade gold? Love those!

travelkate said...

I'm really enjoying drum lampshades right now....our rental apartment has one over our island, and I really do love it!

Sara Kate Studios said...

LOVING your choices :)

designchic said...

I totally agree...they make such a statement!