>

In The Details.

We're always being told to look at the big picture. While it's important to keep an eye on the future and to not sweat the stuff, it's just as important to enjoy the little things in life. I love seeing completed before & afters, entire rooms and homes renovated to suit their owners' design sensibilities. But today I'm pledging to revel in the small details that often define the overall: a slightly off-kilter gold fitting, reflective windows capturing a sunny afternoon, intricate moulding framing a light-filled interior. What are some of your favorite details in your home?

{all images via the darling Patterson Maker}

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! Details are everything... love the ones that you captured!

Michaela said...

Such an important thing to remember! It's all in the details (: What beautiful architecture!

www.laurajamesjewelry.com said...

Gorgeous just make you want to knock for a chance to go inside!

Villa Bisono said...

What a lovely post! I totally agree with you, it's all in the details! I love the gold handle....amazing detail!!!!

xoxo
Maurenice
www.villa-bisono.com

designchic said...

I so agree...and the architecture in these images is amazing!!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

i really like details in old brownstones...as for my place it doesnt have that much architectural detail. I do like the large arches in my living room as well as the top rounded front door, which is pretty tall. :)))))

www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

PDC said...

Love the details you chose, so very French...as Audrey Hepburn said, "Paris is ALWAYS a good idea" ;). You have totally inspired a post on white and gold ;) Jen -my New York City brownstone apartment has lovely details and moldings galore - its like a little piece of the Rive Gauche in NYC - but the sacrifice is it's so old that none of those beautiful doors really *close*, and the floor isn't quite level either ;)

Between The Boxwood said...

I love details! I love old homes with character. I think new homes lack the details! I have a 1940's spanish home and there is a molding in the front hallway that is gorgeous. They only put it there and it makes it extra special:)

536 Designs said...

Details are everything!! I think the most important!!
xo Crystal