>

Not Your Average Gallery Wall

While I object to anyone calling gallery walls "overdone," "passé," or "trendy," I do find myself drawn to these unconventional displays...
{Frame dozens of family photos in matching frames of different sizes and line them on shelves at eye level. The display is a unique alternative to hanging each frame individually and a delightfully modern complement to more ornate details like the chandelier, doors, and moulding.}
{Transform a plain jane hallway with framed portraits at every height. This option is for the collector who doesn't find a layered look too busy — and who has a few favorites that will get most of the attention!}
- - -
How do you display artwork and photographs in your home?

{P.S. The Joss & Main $100 giveaway ends on Wednesday!}

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love a layered gallery wall! Gallery shelves are so fun since you can change up your display without putting more holes in the wall haha

Krissy (Shimmer Like Gold) said...

These are both such fun and unconventional takes! I love them!

And I 100% object to anyone calling gallery walls any of those things either. Maybe they've met a particular surge in popularity in the last few years, but I don't see them as some passing fad at all.

The Iconic Blog said...

Ooo I like that! And so much easier than trying to hang a dozen frames. I am constantly realigning my gallery wall. It drives me crazy when some look crooked! haha

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

Im obssseeeeeessssseeedddd with that 2nd one! AHMAZING!!!!!

travelkate said...

I have been planning on installing a picture ledge with different size photos in my next home. Vicente Wolf does this often, and I love it! I will never tire of a good gallery wall...just like I will never tire of hanging pictures on a wall, often the more the better!

Lilacandgrey said...

love the 1st!!!

Alyssa said...

I love the shelves. Such a neat idea.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Since i am the owner of a canvas company...i have custom canvas art of my kids all along my walls!

designchic said...

Love a gallery wall...interesting and great way to display artwork and photos!!

Anonymous said...

I was trying to make a mini gallery wall in my office and it looked AWFUL!! I was about to give up, but you've inspired me with these pics! xoxo E&A