>

YEAR IN REVIEW...


I can hardly believe that 2012 is coming to a close. What. A. Year!

In January, I started writing for my favorite digital magazine, Matchbook. In February, I attended New York Fashion Week for the first time and made a little street style cameo on Unabashedly Prep. In March, I launched Design Darling {The Boutique} (definitely the highlight of my year!). In May, I cohosted a Jack Rogers party (hello, dream collaboration!). In August, I attended Alt Summit NYC. In September, I hosted Fashion's Night Out at Alice & Trixie. In October, I found out I'd be speaking at Alt Summit Salt Lake City. In November, I hosted a holiday event with Elle Magazine at Kate Spade New York (pinch me please!). In December, I filmed a segment on holiday gifting for NBC Connecticut. And last week I stumbled upon the teeny tiniest NYC studio and yesterday — eeek! — signed a one-year lease.

All the while, I made steady progress on my 101 in 1001 list: buying my first grown-up bag, buying my parents an Apple computer, working out with a personal trainer, seeing a new Cirque du Soleil performance, trying acupuncture, taking a cooking lesson, seeing a comedy show, going to the top of the Empire State Building, going zip lining, upgrading to a DSLR camera, taking a self-defense class, and even participating in a flash mob.

Thank you to everyone who has been part of this amazing year. I truly cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store!

xx
Mackenzie


Keep up with Design Darling

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome year it has been indeed!Congrats to you Mackenzie..Cant wait to see pics of the new place!...Happy New Year in advance.

x

Tola

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

Gosh! I can't believe that was this February.... and now we're in the SAME CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super happy that I got to meet you IRL this year xoxox

Julie Leah said...

I can't wait to see what 2013 holds for you, sweet friend!! xx

Chelsea Mac said...

2012 sounds like a quite a year for you but I suspect that with your upcoming adventure in NYC, 2013 will be even more fantastic! Cheers to the new year!!

Chelsea
Haute Child in the City

Lili said...

it was indeed an amazing year for you mackenzie! looking forward to seeing you more in 2013!

TaraMixandMatch said...

Such an amazing year!

Roxy said...

what a year!! you're a rockstar friend and it's only just beginning!!! :)

Elizabeth said...

I love your blog! Sounds like you had an amazing year! And you've inspired me to do a 101 in 1001 list!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great year. I have really enjoyed reading your blog this past year. It has inspired me to blog and create my own 101 in 1001. skyeyork.blogspot.com!

Elizabeth said...

My goodness! You really have had a life-changing year. Good luck to you in 2013!

Cheers, Elizabeth of The Corner Apartment

luxe + lillies said...

what a year! congratulations on your many successes! best wishes for an even better 2013!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on a fabulous year, Mackenzie! All of your accomplishments are amazing, especially starting your boutique!

Meredith and the New Yorkie said...

Congrats on a year full of much-deserved success! Gwyneth and I are delighted to hear that you signed a lease in NYC, and we absolutely cannot wait to see how you make your space feel like home! We'll be living vicariously through you now!

xoxo,
Meredith & Gwyneth

Caroline said...

Congratulations, Mackenzie! You are such a great role model, and my friends and I all want to be exactly like you ;) Here's to another wonderful year!
xx,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the apt!!

Allie Emme said...

such amazing and fun accomplishments!
xx Allie

kimberly said...

Sounds like such an amazing year! Congrats, and I hope 2013 is just as lovely! :)

Emily said...

Clearly you had an AMAZING year! I can't wait to read about all of your success next year!

Emily
www.prettyshinymine.blogspot.com

Alyson said...

congratulations on such a wonderful 2012, including that new place!! you deserve all of it. xo.
alyson
www.theaveragegirlsguide.com

debra@dustjacket said...

Wow...a year to be proud of!
Hope 2013 is just as wonderful..xxx Debra

marni zarr said...

so many bright moments mackenzie! i can't wait to meet and hear you speak at alt summit in january!!!

Nikki Rappaport said...

What a great year! And I can't wait to see what you do in 2013 lady! xo xo

Unknown said...

What a big year! Best wishes for 2012! :)

Aja Lake said...

impressive, mackenzie. congrats on a wonderful year + cheers to the next! xx

Letters from a Mermaid said...

What a lovely year! Cheers to all of the accomplishments you have made ! I am happy to be a follower! I'd love if you check out my blog as well! Happy new year

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

What a truly fab year it has been for you! Congrats on all your accomplishments! You should be so so proud!!!

xx

Holly Foxen Wells

GlamourMash

Kimberly Lewis said...

Cheers to 2013 lady! :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great year! i can't wait to see your new york place! you have inspired my to start my own 101 in 1001 list. i just posted it today. :)

Unknown said...

I started my own blog not that long ago, and recently discovered yours. And I was just looking over your 101 in 1001 list and just wanted to let you know that you've inspired me to start my own!
I think it'll be a blast to go through and accomplish everything. It was such a great idea!

xo
Suz

www.luxelavishandlush.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I just started my own list! It's surprisingly harder to write than I thought!


Alexis
www.kkaboodle.com