>

BOOK WORM

My collection of coffee table books is growing by the pile thanks to insane discounts and impulse buys on Joss & Main and One Kings Lane. I tend to check out novels and other less decorative reads from my local library but these spaces from Lonny have me wanting to expand my book collection in every which way...

{Lynn Nigro in Lonny January/February 2011}

{Laurann Claridge in Lonny April/May 2010}

{Elizabeth Bauer in Lonny June/July 2010}

Tell me: what kinds of books do you invest in? Are there any life-changing reads (or at least really pretty covers!) you'd recommend adding to my collection?

Keep up with Design Darling on Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter

8 comments:

Chelsea Mac said...

These pictures make me want to snuggle up with a good book in a gorgeous library :) I love coffee table books and historically have only kept books with pretty covers etc.

Chelsea
www.hautechildinthecity.com

Unknown said...

The classics - I buy lots of classics or gorgeous covered, great smelling books! Life changing...hmmm...I love Night Train to Lisbon, The Elegance of the Hedgehog, The Pearl, The Count of Monte Cristo....to name a few. xo

Alissa said...

About Alice by Calvin Trillin. Pretty inside and out: http://www.amazon.com/About-Alice-Calvin-Trillin/dp/1400066158

prettyisblog.com

Lily said...

Pretty coffee table fashion books are my favorites !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Maggie Rose said...

I have been collecting design books for the last couple years but there are still a lot more that are on my wish list! I'm trying to resist getting TOO many before we move again in the next two years... they are the heaviest after all! I've slowed down buying novels and anything besides art books, but when I do I hit a used bookstore and look for a hardbound copy. They look so much nicer!

StagerLinda said...

I love design books, photography and art books. I use them when I stage houses so that is how I justify the expense! I think coffee table books are simply one of the best accessories.

Unknown said...

Love all these images! There's nothing like a book in your hand and turning the page. I don't think we could ever get rid of a book (or at least I hope not). What would we use to decorate with on cocktail tables, etc. if we didn't have books.

www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

Kellie said...

Either classic novels, ones that I know I'll read over and over, and history books. Since I'm a social studies teacher, I figure I'll use those forever!

There are so many pretty editions of classic books- I have an Alice in Wonderland one that is so pretty it has to be displayed.