>

SLIM AARONS PHOTOGRAPHY

I've been coveting several of his books for a long time so it was a nice surprise to stumble upon an online gallery showcasing the work of photographer Slim Aarons. I'll continue to dream of investing in one of his prints but in the mean time here's a little eye candy for us all to enjoy... 

Nice Pool (Palm Beach, 1955)

Family Pool (Lake Forest, 1960)

Sea Drive (Nassau, 1967)



Garden Party (Miami, 1970)

Poolside Gossip (Palm Springs, 1970)

Aarons explained his work as "photographing attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places." Wouldn't you kill to hang one (or more!) of his works in your home? He certainly has me wanting to hop on a plane to Palm Beach...!

Keep up with Design Darling on Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter

10 comments:

Lauren {Stylized Existence} said...

These photographs are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Lilacandgrey said...

obsessed! I have posted these a few times :)

Unknown said...

I've loved his photographs also - so elegant and they always make you wish you were a person in one of them :)

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

I would love to have one of those! Gorgeous - especially the first!

smith said...

I love Slim Aarons- thank you for sharing the online gallery. Summer, in my head, should look exactly like a Slim Aarons photograph ;)

One Stylish Day at a Time said...

His photos totally embody summer - love them all!

Lily said...

All of his work is so fabulous ! Would love to have a large print of any one of these !

xxLily
goldandgray.com

luxe + lillies said...

Slim Aarons will forever be my favorite. His photography definitely transports you to a different place. I've never seen a print of his I didn't love :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the intro to Slim Aarons! I love it.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Oh god yes!! Is it weird to want to live in a Slim Aarons photography?