>

101 IN 1001 UPDATE


It's been way too long since I've updated you all on my 101 in 1001 progress! If you're new to Design Darling, I've been keeping a list (for more than two years now!) of 101 things I'd like to accomplish in 1001 days. My 1001 days are up at the end of September and so far I've crossed 63 tasks on my list. 

To be totally honest, I've done a lot and grown a lot since writing the original list and there are definitely some goals on there that are less exciting or important to me now than they were two years ago. Instead of beating myself up for not achieving all 101 goals, I'm going to focus on celebrating the things I have crossed off and concentrating on a few fun tasks in the months that remain.

Highlights so far... Inspiring 37 other people to write their own lists. (If you've started one and haven't emailed or tweeted me, please let me know!) Moving into my first place in New York. Launching my online boutique. Skinny dipping. Buying my parents a new computer. Rereading Harry Potter. Discovering ten new favorite restaurants. Taking a cooking lesson. Seeing a comedy show. Turning my grandfather's recipes into a bound book. Zip lining. Sharing my first outfit post (ha!). Participating in a flash mob!

Tasks I'm still excited to take on... Getting my apartment published on a larger site (bear with me a little while longer!). Throwing my first dinner party (even if it's a pizza party...). Riding a sailboat (hello, Nantucket). Taking my dad to a Red Sox game (bought tickets for his birthday!). Reading all of Jane Austen's novels. Seeing Taylor Swift in concert. Taking a trapeze lesson. Throwing a surprise party. Skydiving. Saving $10 for every goal accomplished!

A sneak peek of a few goals on my next 101 in 1001 list (yes, I've already started writing it!)... Traveling to a new country. Designing my own product for the boutique. Organizing a scavenger hunt with friends. Hot air ballooning. Posting a vlog! Writing goals to be accomplished before my next list expires in June 2016... Can you tell I have a tendency to get ahead of myself? ;)

See my full 101 in 1001 list here and please let me know if you decide to create your own! I've had so much fun writing mine, crossing things off, and drafting my next round of goals. If you're looking for more ideas for your own list, be sure to check out some of the other bloggers listed on #2 of my list as well! 


Keep up with Design Darling



18 comments:

Mandy Campbell said...

Loved the update!

Katie Walpole said...

Loved the update! I need to update my list!

ame said...

Great job so far!!!

Did you ever post a full on set of pics of your whole apartment? Or a floorplan? I love to be a voyeur. I read Apartment Therapy all the time and that's like...so neat to me.

Patti said...

so exciting Mackenzie!! I suppose it is too soon for me to start thinking about my new list but I already have some new thoughts. I will focus on the task at hand, I have a lot of crossing off to do. This post is a little boost I needed. XO

Shelby said...

Ah I love my 101 in 1001 list. I completely agree though how quickly goals can change and grow over the years. I still have another year for mine, I need to do an update soon!

Anna said...

Congrats! you inspired me to write a list featured on my blog (annajanecox.blogspot.com)

Thanks!!!

Emily said...

I love your ideas for your next list!!! I have a 1001 in 101 list that I started during my last half of college, I may go back and revisit it!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Mackenzie! I'm new to the blogging world but I saw your 101 in 1001 feature and I decided to make it a feature on my newly launched blog. It's a fun way to accomplish some big goals as well as try new things. Thanks for the idea!

http://www.somelikeitlovely.com/2013/05/coming-soon-35-in-365.html

Anonymous said...

i keep forgetting to update mine! doing it now! :) and i think it's great you already have a second list.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see your full apartment when that one gets crossed off the list!

Unknown said...

I love making lists! The more ambitious, the better. Looking through the ones you've crossed off so far I'm curious, what did you settle on as your go-to skin care and beauty routines??

Sam (Savvy City Chic) said...

You've done awesome so far! I really want to write my own 101 in 1001 days list once I move into my apartment next week.

Unknown said...

That's a really good idea! I feel like it's more structured than a regular bucket list since you're actually setting a deadline. I'm definitely thinking about making one!

One alternative to (or in addition to!) organizing your own scavenger hunt is this thing called "Urban Adventure Quest" (urbanadventurequest.com). You split up into teams and through your smartphone, each team is asked certain questions or to complete certain challenges and you earn points. The team with the most points at the end wins. There's a free demo online & it seems like really fun & they have them for a bunch of different cities (including two for New York). Definitely something worth looking into!

Anonymous said...

I finally wrote my 101 in 1001! So excited to get to work on this list! http://inaworldofbees.com/2013/05/31/my-very-own-101-in-1001/

Brooke
InaWorldofBees

Unknown said...

I've finally got round to making my own 101 in 1001 list after gaining inspiration from yours (and those you have inspired!). First thing ticked off was starting my own blog to document my progress!
http://takemetocali.blogspot.co.uk

Madeleine Gardner said...

Got inspired by your post and I just started my list a couple of weeks ago and started a blog to document it! (http://inpursuitofeleganceandstyle.blogspot.co.uk/)

I love your blog, and I wished design darling shipped internationally!

Zelle B. said...

Love your list! Thanks for the inspiration!

I created my own on my blog last night -- very motivating and puts your goals on in one place. I love it!

Zelle
thesouthernstyle.blogspot.com