>

5 EASY WAYS TO BRIGHTEN YOUR SPACE


1. Buy yourself a bouquet of fresh blooms! Peony season has arrived and there's no quicker way to add a little life to your abode.


2. Clear off one surface. Just one. Pick one spot that's been driving you crazy and take a half hour to tidy. A clear desk, dining table, or dresser always feels like a big accomplishment!



3. Set up a bar cart... or at least a bar tray. Take your prettiest bottles (Hendricks, Pellegrino, whatever floats your boat) and display them on a tray (preferably monogrammed) with your favorite glasses (preferably turquoise). Add a pretty bowl of lemons or limes for good measure. Little styled vignettes never fail to make me feel at home... and the occasional happy hour never hurt anybody.


4. Do the dishes. If there's one chore I put off, it's this one. (Why is it acceptable that New York apartments don't have dishwashers?!


5. Take ten minutes and hang all your clothes. Please tell me I'm not the only girl who gets ready to go out by trying on 1,392 outfits and throwing the rejects all over the floor. I don't know how or why it happens but it does. Seeing my favorite clothes hung up neatly does wonders for brightening my mood... and getting dressed in the morning.

What's your favorite way to brighten your space? Leave your tips in the comments! xx

*Images 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5


14 comments:

Lindsey Suggs said...

Love your post! I just bought peonies last night. Love the idea of a bar TRAY rather than a whole cart too.

CC said...

I desperately need to fold and put up clothes. I loathe laundry, but if I do that then my husband does the dishes. I can live with that. I love the idea of the bar tray...much start one ASAP!

awinkasmile said...

Oh my goodness...my apartment is slowly driving me crazy with the mess and this post totally changed my mindset! Thanks for breaking it into bite sized, manageable chunks.
Happy weekend!

Laura Dro said...

I agree...flowers make any place feel better and I think fun photos of friends and family are a must!

Best!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Loved your comment about the bar tray being preferably monogrammed! So you!

Unknown said...

Love the idea of adding fresh flowers.. It really does completely change the space! I usually try (read: try) to get everything tidied up before bed, which makes mornings much more pleasant!

Jessie

jessieholmesspringer.com

Applewood Road said...

I always make the bed in the morning and fix pillows / blankets on the sofas, makes the spaces feel neat and tidy!

Anonymous said...

i cleaned my whole room and organized my closet in the last two days. and i'm getting flowers today. i hate things not being clean and tidy.

Unknown said...

It's usually with bright flowers if I'm able to get to the farmers market or I constantly surround myself with fun desk accessories & coffee table books!

Kristin // www.ModishandMain.com

Mary @ The Classy Cubicle said...

Love those limes!! Beautiful photos!

xxoo,
Mary
The Classy Cubicle

Kelly Christine said...

I'm SO HAPPY it's peony season!

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

thank goodness for peony season!
xx
Here&Now

Unknown said...

Wow, I love every single one of those! How beautiful Cannes is.idateasia review

Fabrik ETC said...

Thanks for writing this. I really feel as though I know so much more about this than I did before. Your blog really brought some things to light that I never would have thought about before reading it. You should continue this, Im sure most people would agree youve got a gift.

Blinds