>

WHAT TO WEAR ON A FIRST DATE

Girls are so funny. We get all excited about going on dates, hyping it up with our girlfriends, doing the compulsory Facebook stalking... Only to let panic set in the day of as we stand in front of our closets, agonizing over what to wear. Sound familiar? Here's my go-to look of late: an easy dress, something cute to throw on if it's chilly, a classic accessory, and a pair of killer shoes. 





Oh and can you tell I'm loving on Joie lately? I'd like one of everything to appear in my closet. This fuchsia dress has the most darling drop-waist detail, this minty silk number was made for white jeans, and this navy lace top would be perfect for date nights.

What's your go-to look for a first date? What's the best (or worst!) first date you've been on? Do tell! 



12 comments:

Taylor said...

can't get enough Joie! I have last years version of that dress with navy and red - this one is so much cuter. and the navy lace top is so gorgeous. perfect for date nights.

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Alex said...

ugh i'm dying for that chambray blazer!

smith said...

One word, two answers, two meanings for this question: cashmere.

Elle said...

That dress + chambray blazer is pretty much the most perfect duo!! I want to live in it all summer - Joie is really killin it right now!

Unknown said...

I've really been loving Joie lately too! Everything is so simple yet beautiful, and (possibly) more importantly: comfy! :)

Jessie

jessieholmesspringer.com

Karissa said...

Cute outfit! Love, love the chambray blazer. The dress is pretty too.

http://theautumnissue.com

Anonymous said...

Haha, so true. Girls obsess too much! But the outfit is cute! My signature look is very similar, a cute dress that does not show off too much skin, a soft cardigan for when it cools down and wedges or ballerinas as shoes as well as some pretty jewelry - my signature look of a delicate necklace or bracelet, a watch...

Chelsea **A Bit of Sass** said...

That chambray jacket is calling my name! It would be perfect for summer office attire.
xo,
www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

preppylove said...

Need that dress!! Love it!!

Kathryn said...

I like your formula, and I really really like the lace top you linked to! I tend to wear flat shoes because I don't want to embarrass myself by falling in heels ;)
The worst dates in my memory are the ones that never end--the date when you keep dropping hints that you want it to be over. Boys need to learn to leave us wanting more.

Melissa said...

Well, what do you define as a "date"? Ladies, please chime in here.

Am I the only one having those events where I leave thinking, was this supposed to be a date?

Taylor said...

Love that dress! I think date outfits have to be comfortable and let you shine, you know? Best date was walking in the arboretum with my current boy. Worst date was a guy bringing me to a party and ditching me for someone else. It's all about the atmosphere and he connection for me.